Fullerton Public Library
353 W. Commonwealth Avenue, Fullerton, CA 92832-1796
The FPL reopened in the fall of 2011 after a multi-million dollar renovation. One result was the creation of a Local History Room on the first floor of the library, dedicated to Fullerton City history. Cheri Pape is the curator and can be reached at CheriP@ci.fullerton.ca.us or 714-738-6342 or FAX 714-447-3280.
Some of the resources available in the Local History Room include: 1) an almost complete run of Criss-Cross Directories for Orange County 1899-1980; 2) Haynes Directories from 1971 to current; 3) the full run of the Fullerton Observer newspaper from 1979-current in paper form; 4) full run of the Fullerton News Tribune on microfiche; 5) Index to the News Tribune newspaper from 1899-1992; 6) selected Fullerton Phone books; 7) a large Fullerton historical photo collection; 8) the historical building survey done in late 1970's documenting any Fullerton building built before 1940 with photos and architectural drawings; 9) map collection for Fullerton and some areas of Orange County; 10) histories of Fullerton; histories of Fullerton businesses and residents; 11) a few Fullerton City Government records; 12) the National Register of Historic Places applications and supplemental materials for Fullerton buildings; 13) Biographies of local people; 14) and much more!
The library has also made available online searchable databases that include selected photos and building surveys. Some of the city directories are also searchable online.
Local History Room Hours:
Monday 10-5 & 6-9; T-F 10-5; 1st Sat. of the month 10-2
M-Th 10-9; F-S 10-5; Sunday 1-5